Being house bound for a week taught me some interesting things about myself.
1. I missed being outside.
2. I can take advice from the doctor even if I don’t always follow it exactly.
3. Dawn will answer my calls at anytime in the morning and walk me through the medical stuff.
4. I should not ever be left to my own devices after two days because I get too deep in my own head and that can have negative effects on my state of mind.
5. I do not like being taken care of so I don’t ask for help because I do not want to burden anyone in my life.
6. Combine number four and five to get that I don’t care to share stuff about my life because I’m intensely private and vulnerability is still something I have to work on.
7. I have stuff to work on.
8. I need to take some time away. There is a lot for me to process and lean into with God and I use social media to delay those conversations.
9. Grad school is actually, for reals, as in six weeks away, from being done.
10. I have solid friendships but I need to make more of an effort allowing people into my life to rely on instead of me just being the one they rely on.
I’ll be back. But it might be awhile. Text me if you need me.
#thoughts #writing #vulnerability